Everyone profits on the big volume orders, but the small orders are still a necessary part of the business. We’ve come up with some smart solutions that can save on minimum order fees and shipping charges for your customers' late orders and re-prints. Many studios use these options in how they do business.
Option 1: Send all late order requests to hhimagehost 2nd sale where there are no minimum order charges and the consumer pays for shipping.
Option 2: Submit hhschools orders as they come in.
- Check the reorder checkbox on the package order screen. The minimum drops from $10 to $5.50.
- Mail to home - The hhschools mail to home costs count toward the $5.50 minimum (instead of in addition to it). So if you use ship to home with tracking a half unit or more then it meets the $5.50 minimum and there are no additional charges.
- Ship to studio - When multiple small orders are submitted on the same day, some will move through production the same day and some will not. Nothing links these orders to hold them overnight to ship together. But when an order invoices that has the following attributes, our system will look for other orders:
- studio account # is set for SSE binning
- order weighs 5# or less
- is shipping to the studio
- all the items in the order can be shipped in the same box with other orders
- If there are other orders for your studio, and is before 1:00 pm (or if it is after 1:00 pm and there are other orders already in the bin or in production), then it automatically holds the order to a bin for your studio and that ship service. Other orders 5# or less will continue to accumulate throughout the day. At 4:30 the bin is closed, the orders pulled and packaged in a box, and shipped together (minimizing shipping costs).
Option 3: Accumulate late orders in a folder by school, and on Friday, set aside time to go into each project and add all the late orders for that week and submit that order. This is most appropriate for the first week or two after the cutoff when the most late orders occur.
Option 4: Charge a higher late fee to cover the one-off manual studio handling and additional small order costs. This encourages people to order at the same times aseveryone else.